Freak of nature

Okay...
How to begin this journal...
My town is currently flooding- no that won't do...
Hey guys did you hear about half of Queensland being underwater?
Ah screw it.
Brisbane city is flooding, if you haven't heard. I live and work in Brisbane... Fucking awesome yeah?
Everyone in the city's CBD was evacuated today and I didn't even make it to work because the rivers surrounding my town completely have broken their banks, thus making it impossible for me to go anywhere.
People are freaking out all over facebook claiming we are all gonna die and I think I'm the only one with a positive outlook.
People get shitty because I like to laugh about things?
Fuck off if it's the only thing keeping me from having an anxiety attack then I'll joke all I want.

I'm trying not to take the flooding in my town seriously, of course there's flooding in other areas, floods that have taken lives in the last two days, fuck yes it's tragic and my heart goes out to the families but the more I work myself up, the more stressed I'll become which will then lead to an anxiety attack that I really don't fucking need. Excuse all of the foul language I'm just grumpy.

And to all the people who think I'm heartless, who do you think I'm making jokes to? I have nephews and little cousins who are scared, I took it as my responsibility to keep them distracted by keeping them laughing.

Sorry for the rant but I needed that.
January 11th, 2011 at 12:42pm