If he's ignoring you...

Ignored. Simple as that. We’ve all done it or either has happened to us. It’s not fun; it’s downright hurtful at times. We get scared at what’s going on-or lack thereof. We have the tendency to believe we either did something or they’re cheating on us. Don’t jump to conclusions, it doesn’t help the situation. It gives you the feeling that they’ll likely do it again. Here’s the thing, how do we even know that they cheated on you? You don’t. Making assumptions about something you’re not 100% sure of isn’t good. If you confront your girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other and they haven’t done anything-yikes! That makes you seem like you distrust the person you’re dating. Being in a relationship means making yourself vulnerable to the person your dating. You will never have a healthy relationship if you don’t put all of yourself into it. It’s give and take. One person gives what they are; the other person takes and reciprocates. Like the guy I’m seeing, he hadn’t texted me in over a week, ignored me at school; basically acting liking I didn’t exist. Did I confront him about this? No. I assumed he didn’t want me anymore. Did he tell me this? No. Did I ask him? No. Should I of asked? YES!!! If you feel like something is going wrong in the relationship whether it’s you feel ignored, unloved, suspicions of cheating, or that he doesn’t care about you anymore; swallow your pride and talk to them. It’s what you both need. It gives you the answers you need to know and it shows them that you feel neglected. Don’t be afraid to go after what you want, it might take a while to get what you want but its worth in the end. So if you feel like the person your dating is ignoring or has become submissive, say something. It couldn’t hurt to try. If they try to ignore the question or blow it off, let them cool down and then ask them again. Do it as much you need to in order to get them to listen to you. Make it known that you’re not going anywhere. Hope this advice helped!
January 12th, 2011 at 07:05am