My birthday's coming up... and I LOVE surprise parties

Hint hint ;)

So, I think I have spent the last two hours reading at least 85% of the million posts my cousin has created over the last year or so on her blog... you see, 'M' as she likes to call herself on her blog, accidentally revealed that she had a blog one day during conversation to me and I was immediately and completely intrigued... she told me she would give me the link but the subject was never brought up again and I eventually forgot until one of my best friends - who works with my cousin and I at the pharmacy we all work at (my sister works there too, BTW, so pretty much my entire family, might as well buy the entire business) - began to tell me how funny her blog is, and in a good way, and how much she loves it. She also gave me the link to it which was probably not a good move but oh well... it's not like I am going to repeat anything to my cousin about her own blog or to our family - I am simply curious. And now that I have read almost every single one of them I am glad I did... as it has given me a different view on my cousin and most definitely in a good way.

Now I know that my cousin is one; not a whore (as sadly, I did suspect this but did not believe it, or want to), two; amazing at writing, three; almost always has her strange and at times offensive humourous side misinterpreted, four; a friggen, even more, awesome person.

And her blog kind of inspired me to make a blog... but neh, I don't have the time nor patience to do that... I would rather write stories here on Mibba - but since Mibba does have journals I decided that I may as well post one with whatever the hell is on my mind.

Now onto the title of the journal - yes, my birthday is coming up in 10 days to be exact and I am not excited at all, but I am aware that my best friend is organising some kind of surprise party or something - which would be awesome, because I love surprises, even if they do end up failing as the birthday person finds out. Last year I went to one of my best guy friends surprise birthdays, and he knew about it, and I was the only one who knew that he knew about it, but still I could just feel the tears in my eyes when the surprise happened - I mean, all of those people, at least fifty that are all friends (none family) yelling surprise at you and ready to get sloshed and celebrate your birthday with you is pretty overwhelmingly awesome. Call me emotional.

But now that I think about it... wouldn't it be funny if I were entirely wrong about this surprise thing? And on came the night of my birthday and I was sitting alone in the lounge with nothing but a box of wine... a box of chocolates and party music playing on channel V? When all I really wanted to do was go out, party hard and wake up the on the 26th in the afternoon with a sore head?

That would suck. Guess I'll find out soon and lol at me if I am completely wrong. I'm sure I deserve it.
January 14th, 2011 at 02:47pm