Documenting the one time things go right.

Have you ever had those periods in your life when everything is just so....wrong? It's stressful, and painful, and just really hard to wake up in the morning? I'm going through a phase like that.

My grades in school have been so sub-par. Well, for my impossible standards, anyway. I usually get around 1 B per year, but this semester I got 3, which was a nice slap in the face. And it's exam week now, so of course I've been stressing like crazy.

And then a woman I work with who I love to death fell into a coma.

However, after all that stress and panic, yesterday I had a nice thing happen to me. You see, there's this guy (oho, I wonder where this is going). He's kind of...interesting. And I mean, he's really attractive, but I just don't know how I fully feel about him. Anyway, he was doing this video project. He asked me to be in it, to talk about Harry Potter (he knows I love it). So I shook my head; I'm nervous on camera and a really insecure person in general.

So he says, "Come on Maria, you look fine."

And I said, "Nah, come on, I don't want to do it. You're just bullsh*ttng me to get me to do it, get outta my face." (I'm known for being a pleasant person...)

So he says, "Maria, you look beautiful."

And I'm like, "What." At this point, I'm just like.......wtf.

"You are stunningly beautiful. Especially today. That dress...you look so sexy," he said.

At this point, I was just sitting there in stunned silence. This is so out of character for this kid and no one ever says things like that to me, not even when I had a boyfriend that one time long, long ago.

And then, as if that wasn't enough, he said, "I mean, you look gorgeous every day, not just today."

So I was like, "Eff it, I'll do your effing video." After all that flattery.......who am I to say no?

So I did and I gave him a hug and said thanks for all the compliments. And then he says again, while we're hugging: "You really are stunningly beautful."

Mibba, my dear....the only reason I went into such detail with this is because I barely believe it happened myself. Life has been such sh*t recently, and my love life has always, always been sh*t. This was such a turnaround that I'm trying to convince myself it happened...

And then the woman who fell into a coma called my home phone two days ago...She's completely fine.

Please bear with this journal. It's more for my sake than anyone else's. The next time I'm upset, I want to be able to come back to this and re-read it; I want to convince myself that things don't always suck. Because even though they do, they don't.
January 15th, 2011 at 03:15am