Life's Pool

They show you the pool with water so crystal clear so ice cold, so blue you stare at your reflection in amazement. It’s a hot summer day and your body drags you to the pool. They tell you how much fun it is to swim, to jump right in and your body instantly tingles with excitement. They forgot to mention it can kill you, drag you down to the bottom, and fill your lungs with the tingle from head to toe.

They leave you alone next to the pool of life, with no warning, not even a single lesson on how to swim. Only the thought that it was going to be the best thing you would ever experience. What do you do? Obviously you strip down get rid of all protection because you don’t understand how badly you may need it. They smile in approval, and your face fills with excitement uncontainable in your pathetic, fragile body.

Your legs start moving uncontrollably and move your body to the side of death. You take a breath of hot, bitter oxygen not even aware that it might just be your last. You take a step forward into oblivion of nothing, waiting, falling and then feeling so clean, so fresh newly reborn as your body is engulfed into happiness, as if a dream cloud had eaten you.

Gravity seems to be opposite to everything you had learned, you hung into a living dream. Instant pain; screaming, crawling, scratching, trying to make its way into your lungs.

The worst pain you have ever felt, you instantly try to make your path back to the top, pushing, struggling, and almost failing. With a great number of attempts, you finally get a breath of air. Only this time it isn’t bland, tasteless, or bitter, it’s the sweetest thing your taste buds have ever had gracefully slide by them. Your eyes dart to them sitting in the chair watching, grinning not in approval but in despise. You scream, yell, ask for help; the deaf are unable to comprehend the words your lips form ,your tongue dry as leather not pronouncing anything with correct accuracy.

No help is given you kick and struggle your way to an edge so at ease, when you grasp a wall, an edge, anything stable enough to hold your weight. Stuck to your fingers like glue; dripping down on your fingertips, manipulating your hold and sliding you back down into the never ending happiness. It kills you slowly painfully helplessly, it kills you. Letting you fight your battle just to watch in enjoyment.

The only object you can see from the bottom of the deep depth of life is that grin, looking down. Not in pity but in entertainment, you feel so rejected, unwanted. Lied to and as too much happiness is a bad thing, sometimes revenge, gives you the strength to rebel enough to save a life, not lose your own.

No one is going to help you when you’re drowning in your own pool of life, you just have to force yourself to learn to swim. Other times there are people that can help you, but they choose not to so that you learn to swim without them always pushing you up. Other times there is never anyone there and your body slowly dies, forgotten in a pool never seen again. There’s always a way to the surface, its having enough courage to find the way back, without getting lost on the way there.
January 15th, 2011 at 05:17am