Social networking is gonna take over the WORLD!! and Piercings equals no job???

OK guys!!! Speaking of social networking I made a tumbr a while ago and I don't know how to use it or what the hell I am doing :( yeah, I'm an idiot. I want to a part of that community but gosh I'm failing rapidly. So if you know how to use it show me please.

Also, I got a few piercings. I have a tough ring and a Monroe, or some people call it the Amarie, and I was going to get a job at Dollar General that is in town by my campus. While I was in the store to get an application this lady was like "You'll never get the job."

Mind you, I did not know who she was and didn't know how she knew I was getting an application. She just appeared out of nowhere. And I said nicely, "Excuse me?"

She just sneered at me and said, "You have your face all poked out and you're obviously not from around here."

Side note: My college is in the Middle of now where Illinois and in a predominantly white town. I am not one of those people who thinks if someone who isn't my race says something there being raciest. If anything I make inappropriate racial jokes all the time.
But I understood loud and clear what the lady was trying to say. I understand the piercing thing. My mom tells me this ALL THE TIME, but the whole "Your obviously not from around here" aka "your not white and will not get a job because of it" thing is uncalled for. I work two jobs at my college and I want another one because tuition went up.

What do you guys think? Do you think it's fair people with piercings should have a harder time getting a job then others?

can I please have some tumbr help!!!
January 15th, 2011 at 08:34pm