writing contests | comment swaps

So, lately, I’ve been a little strapped for cash so I thought that maybe I could write some articles and things like that for a little extra money, maybe even join some contests around school and all that. I know there was a contest at my University about dealing with the town’s history or whatever so it had to be non-fiction and that’s not really my thing, you know? I like to write fiction. I shouldn’t really be picky if I’ve just said I need the money, but essays just aren’t my thing. I can do them for class, but I wouldn’t write them on my free time.

I guess the point is, if anyone knows of some contests online where you can win a bit of money. I want to start online and when I get back to school on Monday, I’ll go to our Writing Center to ask about any local fiction writing contests.

I hate being away from school on the weekend. I feel so out of touch. I rarely come home from University except for holidays, obviously, but I’ve been home since Wednesday night because I fell ill this week. It was just a really bad chest cold, but I didn’t want to risk giving it to all my roommates, so I just got outta there. I thought that being home would really help me get better quicker, which it has, but I’ve gone completely mental. I couldn’t imagine what I would have done if I had spent another year at home like I had planned, I would be this bored all the time.

And lastly, I’m gonna do a little comment swap. I’ve got a couple stories that need some love.

Kick Me | From The Edge Of A Cliff | God, Forgive Me

And I’ve got a chaptered story that could always use a couple more readers. I don’t expect you guys to go through all four chapters, but if it does interest you, you can take a look at Where The Dead Things Grow

Alright, just leave whichever story you would like me to read in your comment. I’ve got a couple things: I’ll read a chaptered story that’s three chapters or less, but anything longer than that, I’ll just look at a specific chapter, so you have a long story, you can let me know which chapter you’d like me to look at :) Also, I’m not a huge fan of Twilight fics, Disney or Avenged Sevenfold so if you have something other than that, I would rather you give me that but if it’s all you’ve got, I’m pretty open to reading anything. Lastly, you’ll get a comment after you leave one for me. And if I don’t get to your story tonight (which I probably will) I’ll read it in the morning and leave you a message letting you know that I am getting to it. Sounds good. :)

Read and swap away!
January 16th, 2011 at 02:43am