Something About Abortion.

So, to start off, I am not here to start a war, okay? I'm here to exercise my right to freedom of speech and share my opinion on a touchy subject.

Lately, there's been a lot of pro-life opinions from a single person on my facebook. This person recently got into a huge debate that went from debating over abortion, to arguing over politics, to bashing whose religion was wrong. Just because I decided NOT to put in my two cents on this facebook drama, I'm just going to place my opinion on abortion here.

I'd appreciate if the douchebaggery was kept to a very low, low minimum. This is my opinion.

"Opinions are opinions.
I believe in pro-choice because I believe everyone should have a choice. Abortion is sad and depressing, and it can be emotionally scarring for the woman, and it's sad that another "child" is lost, but think about it. When abortion becomes illegal, a woman who finds it as the only choice she has will either try to do it illegally or will commit suicide.

If you want that woman to make a better choice, do not tell her all the reasons why she is wrong. Do not shove your religion down her throat, and what God thinks about the choice she might make. Show compassion, reach out to her, tell her that she has support to get her through the toughest time of her life. Don't cut her down and make her fell any worse than she does, try to show her that she can make a better decision, so as long as its HER choice to make, and that she can exercise the freedom this country promised her."

That's all I have to say.
January 17th, 2011 at 07:24am