I could REALLY use a wish right now....

Job Searching.
It will be the death of me.
Some places I go to I very politly ask "Do you know how old you have to be ro work here, part time?"
and they respond: "Yes, 16" or whatever age it is.
or they say "We're not hiring."

Not. What. I. Asked.
Really? I think its kind of rude when they say that, becasue jsut because you're not hiring, doesn't mean I don't want an application.
That or when they tell me They "Don't have any" what do you mean you don't have any applications? How did you get hired????
I think the people in my town are going insane.
I mean I know i may be a "foolish teenager" but you know, people have told me I am very mature, so I believe its stupid that when I take a self assesment and give what I think are the right answer to "self assesments" and then they not hire me because I was truley honest and didn't give them the "auto-correct" answers.

It seems like everyone in my whole city is fighting for a job and some places won't hire me to work at a little clothing botique because i'm not 18. I'm not a fugitive? I would just like a part time job that I can earn money in after school and on weekends. Especially now that my mother is breathing fire out at me now all the time! and threating to take my car away becuase I don't have gas money, even though my 24 year old sister still gets my mom to pay for her groceries and breaks to get fixed for like $300 dollars. and she has a job!

its insane.
I think i am going insane.
if you have these problems as well, good luck to you!
January 18th, 2011 at 12:16am