Sorry, John, But, As It Turns Out, I'm The Walrus

Not you, my dear.

ANYWAY.

Four day weekends are absolutely lovely. I suppose turning your jammies inside out really does help with snow or, in my case, icy roads.

Let me give you a breakdown of my weekend.

Friday - school. Nothing happened except a half-awkward moment between myself and this guy I am head over heels for.

Saturday - went to see Rain which is a Beatles tribute band on Broadway. It was really good. And fun. The members of the band had the right facial expressions and everything. For example, the guy who was Ringo was kind of "la-di-da," goofy and all that. Paul's character was, you know, "I'm cute and I know it." George and John were more reserved. (At least until the Sgt. Pepper costumes broke out.) All in all, the show was great and further deepened my love for the band.

Sunday - ... boring compared to the day before.

LIE

I watched the Jets (A New York American football team, in case you didn't know,) beat out the Patriots. (A "New England" [it's actually Boston] American football team. The Jets and the Patriots are fierce rivals.) This is MUY IMPORTANTE because it's the playoffs and the Superbowl (the Championships,) are so close I can practically taste the chili and tortilla chips. (Foods commonly eaten during the Superbowl and other such games.)

Also, just so you know, the Jets haven't won the Superbowl since... God, probably the sixties. It was our only championship. We're practically the Ultimate Underdog in (American) football.

Monday - watched my brother leave / move back to college. :( Now all I've got to deflect parental rays are three unintelligent canines.

...

Oh, and then I realized that it was Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I, uh, didn't really do anything. I just sort of said, "Oh," and went back to playing Sims 3.

TODAY (Tuesday) - I stayed in my room because there were people painting the dining room and fixing the furnace. They're gone now, so I can run around in my pj's and not care. Hooray. Oh wait. I have dance class today. That means I have to change... into real clothes... ew.

SO.

1. How was your weekend?
2. Did you do anything fun?
3. How did you celebrate MLK day?
----- if you're not from here and you don't acknowledge the holiday or even know who he is, then please give a detailed description of what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood.

Asphodel and Wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of the Living Death... duh
January 18th, 2011 at 09:50pm