Lady falls into a fountain, and want's to sue the mall!

Seriously. Here is the link to the YAHOO article so that you can see what I'm going to talk about

So, pretty much, this lady is texting to one of her Church friends (because that information totally bears on the viability of your fall. ::eyeroll:) asked her what her and her husbands birthdates were. So, naturally, she goes to text back and "suddenly" she's in the fountain and NO ONE RUSHES TO HER AID! legasp!

Anyway, she easily steps out of the fountain filled with two feet of water and walks away wet and embarrassed. Anyone would feel that way.

OH! But the twist! Someone recorded it and put it on YouTube! Legasp!

And now, because nobody at the mall rushed to "save her life", she is suing. She mentions that she is also angry that somebody put the video on YouTube and others got a good laugh out of her.

Sure, I can sympathize with her on the embarrassing incident being broadcast and her becoming a Viral laugh, but, it is NOT like she was held at gunpoint in the middle of the mall, ran over by a bus/car and left on the pavement to die while hundreds of mall goers just passed by as if she were a squashed bug.

No, I am sure that at least ONE person would have ran to her aid if those events would have happened, or at least called 911. But she wasn't looking where she was going, fell into a fountain with a small amount of water and got back out alright, no injuries sustained.

Now, if she would have broken her leg or something from the fall, alright, sue. You needed assistance, and couldn't get out of the fountain yourself. I can understand that. But she didn't have any injuries that she mentioned, so I honestly don't think that this incident is sue worthy, let alone something to get media attention from.

So, yes, I, one of the heartless people in the world, am laughing at this, because... hey, it's hilarious! I would laugh if it was ME that fell into the fountain, because... well, I wasn't pay any attention and that's life teaching you a lesson, BE ALERT!

What do you guys think of this?
January 20th, 2011 at 07:20pm