What....the.....***?!

So i have this "friend." Let's call her Tay. Tay has a boyfriend. Let's call him, Ben.

Ben and Tay have been dating for about a year. They aren't happy, but are yet, still together. They have problems, like any other couple. But GOOD GOD. Here, I'll start from the beginning.

I met Ben last year in Chemistry class. (yes how cliche) he started dating Tay around the middle of the year. This year roles around, and I meet Tay for the first time. And she was quick to trust me, and tell me the entire story about how the two met and all that crap. Back then, I didn't care that much. She seemed to be pretty good at keeping Ben happy and treating him right. Until September.

In September she told me there was this guy that she was starting to have feelings for in her third period class. October roles around and now Ben and her are having problems. Though, Tay, keeps quiet. (Please let it be noted that I am the only person she talks to about things.)

Then, and old flame of her walks up and steals the spotlight, and she is fawning over him. December roles around and she has gotten really really close to this kid....well, lets call him Jon. Jon is trying to steal her away from Ben. ( it was working) She was always talking about him and how happy she made him, and all the butterflies that she got when she was in his arms.

That's when I decided to intervene. Ben was my friend. I knew him before I did her, so granted I have more loyalty to him than I do her. I reminded her that her and Ben were still dating and told her that if she still loved him, then she better started showing it.

She came back with "Oh he's just......just....normal...I'm so used to him. I need a little more attention."
(Below is the conversation I had with her after that statement. "R" = me speaking. "T" = her speaking.)

R: "more attention than what Ben is giving you? If you have't noticed he practically worships the ground you walk on."

T: "yeah...well. he's just...not like Jon."

R: "Is there a problem with him? What does Jon have that Ben doesn't?''

T: "Well nothing really...."

R: (dumbfounded at her blonde tendencies) "........kaayyyy....."

T: " well....Ben is always around when I need him, and he always takes me out to dinner without complaining about the food. And he is very nice to my parents. He does......(goes on and on about how great he is.then finally ends with.).......But he sucks. he doesn't go to church when I want him to. I mean I know he works really RIDICULOUS, EXTREME, and LATE hours. but thats no excuse not to go my church with me. and just because he's uncomfortable."

R: (still dumbfounded) "but he's not Protestant. He's Roman Catholic. I understand why he's uncomfortable....and he comes home early in the morning after practically working 12 hour shifts. "

T: "Still no reason."

R:".........uhm........so lets see here....oh! i know. you guys just had your one year anniversary. What did he get you?"

T:" Oh he surprised me my favorite chocolate, a single rose and a arts&crafts heart with a poem on it that was written in Italian. And he doesn't even like art&crafts. Then he took me out to my favorite restaurant, you know that one all the way on the other side of town that's kinda expensive?"

R: "oh. well. What did you get him?"

T: "Nothing."

R: ........(facepalm)
(end of conversation)

So I left it at that and decided to back out they would break up sooner or later. and they did. They got into an argument about why he wasn't going to church with her. After they broke it off, I talked to Ben to get his side of the story before I made any judgements. Apparently, she never kissed him. Always was yelling at him, and complaining about the things he did. ( It was painfully obvious to me that this was going on, I just wanted to make sure I was right.)

She had absolutely no idea why she got dumped. And as a favor to Ben, (because he asked me to) I told her that she was being ridiculous and that she wasn't a good girlfriend.

Anyways. After an annoying series of begging on both sides, I got them back together a few days later. That turned out to be a shitty move on my part.

She was still treating him like shit. Her parents started treating him like shit. And He was still with her because he loved her.

(FFWRD to last week.)

She comes in pissed off that she got her phone taken away, and cannot talk in any way to Ben, nor hangout with him or anyone else. Her parents caught them in the middle of having sex at her place, when she was already grounded. Now she's super screwed. and she comes into class every day and complains about her parents,(who i think have perfect jurisdiction in this situation. they are not unfair parents. actually they are great), and her boyfriend, but also complains about not being able to see her boyfriend. (while she's still hanging onto Jon.)

She's told me that she's not going to break up with Ben because her parents want too. She wants to rebel, so she's staying with him but It's hurting Ben tremendously. But he wont leave her because he's blinded by love.

like I said at the beginning of this annoyingly long journal.
What...the... FUCK?!
January 21st, 2011 at 11:15pm