Song of the Day: 01.17-18-19-20-21.11

So, I know, I know, I’ve skipped a few days! But those days I’ve spent… well… doin’ a lot of nothin’, to be honest. Well, I did get some things accomplished, but that was just video games and writing, so I doubt those REALLY count.

Anyway! Because I missed the last few days, and I was debating with what song I wanted to choose from this band today, I decided, “Hey why don’t I just do ALL of them.” So, that is exactly what I am about to do, so brace yourself for this may be a bit long, since I probably will explain what the songs/videos mean to me in specifics. But you could always just skip over that, watch/listen to the music videos and then leave a comment either answering the questions I may or may not have at the end of this, or just proclaiming your love/hate for me/the band/the songs, if you will.

So, ONWARD!

Okay, I’ll go in order of release date, sound good? Good.

So, I chose (first) Attack by 30 Seconds to Mars. Why? Because this is the song I would put on repeat on my (REALLY old and ghetto) MP3 some years ago, about the time this first came out, or at within the year. Anyway, I heard the song first on Fuse, I think. It might have been a commercial as when I got the song, I didn’t know much of it. I do not know why I would play this to fall asleep, but it was the only song that I had on my MP3, thus I didn’t know the lyrics (which eventually my brain began memorizing them, so that is not to be said anymore) so I could easily listen to this without wanting to sing along or it keeping me up at night. Well, I obviously grew to like the song and so I looked up the band and got into more of their music, which I LOVED!

So:



The next song (remember I’m making up for the days I missed?), though I loved A Beautiful Lie, I am obsessed with This Is War right now. So deal.

Anyways, this next song is just. Epic. It makes me want to blast the song and sing and jump and dance and scream and shout at the top of my lungs and …. Go nuts!

Plus, their videos are ALWAYS EPIC! And I love that they’re like mini movies. Makes me like the story that much more!

So Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars is next.



Acutally… the next two songs make me want to do that too… XD Hell, this WHOLE ALBUM makes me want to be… spastic and I love it!

This Is War is just epic. This video is AHMAZING, and it includes the extended version of the song, not just the radio edit. :]]



Okay. Now the LAST AND FINAL SONG! YAY!

Closer To The Edge. Epic. (wow really? XD) and just… I love documentary type videos and this is just. Just just. That’s all I can describe it as. And the fact that fans are involved makes me very happy. I love the kid standing on the crowd. This song makes me want to… explode from sheer epicness, that’s how much I love it. It, like I said above, makes me want to blast it loud and sing and jump and dance and scream and shout at the top of my lungs everything. Watch in full screen, if it looks good on your computer. It looks fuckin’ awesome on mine. :]

So: Jump and touch the sky, and listen!



So questions! (because after watching that video I’m amped up to… do something!)

1. When, if you are, did you become a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars? If you are not, did you like the videos/songs?
2. Tell me something that random and uncommon about yourself.
3. As always, what did you think of today’s, and yesterdays, and the day before’s, songs/videos and any suggestions for new SOTD?
January 22nd, 2011 at 05:30am