I saw an amazing film today + if you want some lulz

I just watched The King's Speech. And it's absolutely amazing.

I've always been a bit quick to think that films that are nominated for a load of awards would usually be very dull. I was proved wrong with Slumdog Millionaire, which was brilliant, and I have been proved wrong again today.

The acting was just...wow. Colin Firth really showcased his ability to do serious drama, Helena Bonham Carter was fabulous (as always), Geoffrey Rush is a newly discovered star for me and in smaller roles, Eve Best was brilliant as Wallis Simpson and Ramona Marquez is starting to shake off her cutesy Outnumbered tag by also proving what a rising star she is.

The storyline was brilliant, and, for the most part (in my knowledge) historically accurate. Despite dealing with some serious issues, it also incorporated some humour and romance, which fit very well amongst the main plot.

It's such a fantastic film. I highly reccommend anyone going to see it.

-

If you want some lulz, check out Mibba! at the Disco.

I wrote more about why and how it came about in this journal, but I'm just going to whore it out again, as I'm quite proud of it as my first attempt at a crackfic, and so far, it seems to have been a sucess.

So, check it out it you want to. Who knows, you might even be in it!
January 22nd, 2011 at 09:13pm