Of all things, I didn't expect him to say that; and I am 5 weeks

I am 5 weeks pregnant. My baby's heart officially beats.

I talked to the baby's father today. He'd been busy for the past few days so I couldn't when I said I would in the last entry. And as the title suggests, what he said to me really shocked the hell out of me.

He looked angry for a bit. He kept asking me to repeat myself. He stood up and paced a bit and started cussing. Eventually he sat down and asked something like, "are you sure it's mine?" Well of course it's his! I'm no whore! I said that to him and I may have yelled a bit more than necessary, but that's justifiable. After like a minute of that, I sat down next to him and tried to calm myself down. He spaced out for a bit and then eventually looked at me and said something about not being able to be a father. Typical, right?

But then after that he smiled and said something along the lines of, "holy shit, I'm going to be a dad." AND THEN HE HUGGED ME. I think I sat there for like five minutes with my mouth open I was so shocked. Ha!

Relieves a lot of the pressure on me. Thank goodness. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

So getting pregnant hasn't killed my relationship. Lucky me. (:

Two days ago was my seventeenth birthday. I spent the day thinking about my birthdays as a child. I always took it all for granted; my mom worked hard to get me all those things and to throw big birthday parties for me. Thank you, Mom.

He needs to get a job. I would but it'd be a bit pointless. Maybe I should, though, work for a few months just to get a few hundred dollars in savings for this baby.

Woah, I'm talking about my future as if I've already decided against adoption. Truth is, I haven't. But I should still find a way to get a bit more money into this.

Thank you, landslide;, for showing me the online school. I'm going to continue going to school for this last four or five months and my mom is going to register me for that for my senior year so I can spend more time with my baby. If I do keep him/her, that is.

My baby's heart is beating. Oh my goodness.
I know I can't hear it or feel it, but just the knowledge.
There's something inside me.
Someone.
Wow.
January 23rd, 2011 at 12:48am