Amitte diem

This is an entry for those who's day has just gone downhill. You feel as if the world is against you and your friends are no longer what they seem. In the comments, give a bone-chilling shoutout for all those you hate or the world for what obstacles it has thrown your way.
As for me, my day on January 21st is one of the two worst days of my life. The first day belongs to when my neighbor and best friend died of a heart attack back in middle school. Currently, my day on the 21st was one of the worst days of my life as I had to wake up at 5:30 A.M. for pick up my friend and then drive across town to participate in HOSA (Health Occupation Students of America) Competitions. My partner in CPR/First Aid is my best guy friend that I have a lot of trust in and didn't expect what he did to me that day. He was "feeling bad" all day though he was quite fine in the morning. What he did was as we were in the room FULL OF JUDGES AND TWO OF OUR TEACHERS, he decided that he wasn't going to do the competition and just stood there as I performed first aid on the bleeding victim. When I asked him to work on the CPR victim, he just said "no" in which I had to call a forfeit because the event requires TWO people. Let's just say we aren't on speaking terms.
After that, I got home to call my father to let him know I had to go to the museum of art in my town because I entered two pieces for the art show. I leave a message since he didn't pick up, but then he calls me back and starts yelling at me because I called him 3 times though in reality I didn't. It turns out that his phone "was acting weird."
After breaking my closet door in anger and depression on how my day was going, I end up at the museum. Now let me tell you, my friend (let's call her Jo) works there and shows me around for a bit before showing me her work in what Jo CONSTANTLY and REPEATEDLY called the "Reject Hallway." When we get there I realized that both of my pieces were there as well. I got a bit emotional with all of the crap of the day and walked out to get some fresh air and pull myself together. My unhappiness must of shown on my face because some random guy yelled at me to smile because it was Friday. No joke. I had a slight feeling he was already drunk though with the way he was stumbling about.
When I get back, it is about time the awards are being handed out. Another friend of mine, let's call her Rachel, stands with us and starts talking about my partner quitting and how angry she was at him for doing that to me. She is also another HOSA member as well as one of my best girl friends. She isn't making me feel any better, but it is amusing. Now that the awards are being handed out, I feel distraught that not only had I not won anything, but Rachel is flaunting off her ribbons in front of my face and saying "OMG!" Yes I am angry, but she is a talented person so I can't blame her. It just hurts to know that after receiving countless awards for you paintings, you don't get anything even though I worked countless hours on my artwork. I'll post the picture of the work on here if I can.
Now I come home to relax and cry myself for hours, but no. My father is there to patronize me as I'm crying because he wants to know what's wrong but I can hardly form words with my blubbering. It takes my mom to finally get him out of the room to leave me alone and tells me to take a shower to calm down. When I get back, she has left Memoirs of a Geisha and The Secret of Moonacre for me to watch (those are my depress movies that always cheer me up somehow). That was the only upside of my day.
January 23rd, 2011 at 03:45am