Nicknames.

Almost all of us have them, almost all of us love them.
A nickname can be something that has to do with what you look like or how you act, or it could just be spinoff of your real name.

Some people give others irritating an nickname because it's 'amusing'...usually just for the person giving the nickname...

Sometimes it's easy to scrap them, sometimes it's hard.
A boy that was visiting once called me Ginger because of my hair, I couldn't stand it, so every time he called me by Ginger I acted as if I hadn't heard a word he said until finally he had to start calling me to my normal name to get my attention. That was easy.

Some people have long nicknames, that has a few unseemly adjective's. Like "Hey Coldhearted, Humorless and annoying, get over here"(Getting my sister to stop calling me that when she quit smoking was not easy...)

Some people nicknames that are used so frequently you forget what there name actually is.
I even tend to forget my younger sister's name is Michelle and not Mimi, which she's been called since birth.

I've called my sister Blondie for a long time, a term her doesn't mind and fits her to a T.(Because her bleach blonde hair)
I've called my other sister Shorty for years(She falls about 7 inches short of 5 feet), it doesn't bother her, she actually likes it.
I've called my mother, only on occasion when she doesn't answer me, 'Ay fake Blondie' because of her dyed hair, to which she laughs and rolls her eyes.
My entire family calls my brother 'Jonny boy/Jon boy' since as long as I remember.

I try not to call someone a nickname they can't stand, unless of course I'm angry, then all the stops are pulled out, they are gonna get buddy.

What are your nickname(s)?
What's your favorite?
What are your nicknames for others?
January 23rd, 2011 at 11:21am