Does anyone else think it's weird when authors under 17 rate their stories NC-17?

I mean I'm not saying it's a bad thing, if your story has got material that may be inappropriate for kids under 17, then by all means give it the correct rating, but isn't it a little odd? I say this because I was thinking about it the other day when I was writing a story containing a rape scene. At first I was going to click the NC-17 rating, but in the end I settled for R because I just thought it was weird that since I'm still younger than 17 that I should rate it that, ya know? It's kind of hypocritical, don't ya think?

But I'm really not trying to start any drama here, I was just wondering your opinion on the matter. Should those under 17 still rate stories NC-17 or just stick with R? The thought had never actually crossed my mind until posting that story I just mentioned.

I'm not really sure what else to say, that's all I really had to say on the matter, but this journal isn't long enough.

Love always,
Harley.

So what do you think? If you're under 17 and rate your stories NC-17 what do you think about it? And please guys, no fighting, it's just a simple question not meant to offend anyone.
January 25th, 2011 at 12:31am