"When you smile, the world smiles."

I have to go to a nursing home for four days with my school. We had to do everything the STNA's had to do. The first day, I was so scared. I didn't want to do anything. Old people are scary people. Saggy, old, drippy, hairy vag was not my thing. But I had to clean it. Wiping ass isn't my thing but I still did it. The second day I didn't really do anything besides weighing some residents and taking them to and from places.

However even after doing all of that, I loved it. The people there make it worth while. Old people know just what to say when your having a bad day. They pick you up and make you feel so much better no matter what they say. This older lady called me an idiot because I was trying to get her to move her hands with me. It didn't make me mad, it made me laugh because she didn't care if she hurt my feelings, she had lived her life and she was done with pleasing people.

I love that about old people. They really didn't care. You had to fart, you farted. Everyone laughed. You wanted to cuss out a nurse, they did it. They weren't afraid to step on peoples toes.

They were so nice though, I would have married this man if he would have asked me. "When you smile, the world smiles." Guys should take lessons from him. If they did, they would probably get laid more often. :D but, it was really nice to feel needed.

I love old people now.
January 25th, 2011 at 10:45pm