Nothing's Gonna Change.

People always ask me why I'm so anti-social. I usually blow it off and continue on with whatever I'm doing; but for some reason I woke up this morning and decided to think about it and I actually came up with a valid reason.

I am a person that cannot stand violence; due to the fact that someone I loved was brutally murdered and taken from me before I was even six months old. I honestly believe that the incident is directly responsible for my highly sensitive nature.

With that being brought to light; people are nothing but selfish, greedy, evil creatures. Now before everyone becomes outraged, I'm not saying that qualifies for everybody; but the vast majority. I'd say a good 97%.

I'm really quiet and being really quiet gives me time to observe people and things. I never really say anything verbally because my opinion doesn't matter. So I watch. And what I've noticed is that everyone is out for themselves. Whether it's through watching television or actually seeing people interact in public; it's all the same.

People are just selfish and uncaring and that's why everything is so screwed up. Because nobody gives a damn about what happens to our country. And it's sad. I'm only fifteen years old and I feel as though I've lived an entire lifetime.

Sometimes, I'll come across some really genuine people. People that are kind and good natured; that would do something amazing for a stranger without even thinking about it. Without asking for anything in return.

Those people are like brilliant rays of hope in my eyes. It's hard for me to come across these people but when I do; I'm so touched.

Which brings about the question that I've been dying to ask everybody in the entire world; is it really that hard for everybody to work together? Is it really so hard to set aside our differences, whatever they may be, so that we could live in a more peaceful place before we pass away?

Because even though history has proven several times that wars and violence doesn't solve anything we still continue to this day to try and solve our problems with wars and violence.

Seriously? Are we learning nothing? It seems as though world peace is something that we will never accomplish. Ever. Because people just aren't willing to get rid of their selfish ways in order for us to live peacefully.

I hope that the entire world will go through some kind of revelation in the near future that will really get people to open their eyes and realize that the way we're living as a country is wrong. Because obviously war, death, and a failing economy isn't loud enough.

Wake up, America. Because we aren't as free as we'd like to think.
January 27th, 2011 at 12:03am