It made me smile.

So today I did my last exam. This semester I only had two, but of course they were both provincials. Yesterday was math, which I totally bombed, and today was english. English was basically two short stories with questions on both and a poem with questions, essay, letter and then a media text.

Three hours, two pencils, one eraser, three rounds of dumping my pencil shavings and endless hand cramps later I was finished and caught a ride home with my friend. Were I had a little tiff with my mother who does not exactly grasp the fact that the math exam was thirty percent of my mark and since it was an exam made by the province, hence it being a provincial exam, my math teacher had nothing to do with the contents. Same goes for my english provincial.

But the point was I didn't do well on the math, so my grade of 86% will probably drop drastically. Which means there is a chance I won't meet the requirements of the universities I'm applying to, another fact my mother doesn't grasp because she seems to think I can just re - take the exam or make up my mark later in class.

After explaining to her that the exam is the end of my math 12 course and that since it's an exam I wouldn't be allowed to re - take it not to mention the fact that it's a provincial and the whole point is equity. She seemed to understand slightly and at that point I didn't really want to discuss it anymore but just relax for I now have a five day weekend since I have finished all my exams.

So I'm basking on tumblr well silently hoping that I at least get a passing mark on the math exam when my mother tells me someone's on the phone for me. I'm a teenager, I own a cell phone, all my friends have my number, therefore, they wouldn't call me, they'd text me. So I'm just plain confused as to who this person is.

I pick up the phone, the voice starts congratulating me, and I'm still confused. And then I finally realize who it is. My english teacher stopped marking my exam to call and inform me how proud of me she was that I got a hundred on the first two sections of the exam. Meaning I answered every question right for the two short stories and the poem.

There are no words to describe how much better that made me feel. I was so happy that all I can recall of the conversation now was her saying, "Good job kiddo."

/side note: I'm not even sure she's allowed to tell me this.
January 27th, 2011 at 05:33am