I know it's your story, but um, please don't do this...

A few things I(And other people I know) agree on.
These are kinda like the 'don'ts' of Mibba I feel should be voiced.(Maybe they have before, but I didn't catch it)

#1 Having an authors note that's longer then the chapter. That just seems kinda pointless, if you have that much to say, explain etc., write in a journal and put a link to the journal in the authors note.

#2 Having nothing spaced out whatsoever. When I think of kicking back and reading a nice story, I don't think of straining my eyes and getting confused at the plot line because the lack of spacing. Unless the 'enter Return' key is broken, I don't see why you should not space it.

#3 Waiting to for the sequel in a romance story to have anyone kiss anyone. This isn't real life and I've found timing needs to be sped up and drama needs to kicked up a notch to hold interest with most readers on most stories.

#4 An original fiction story suddenly having rockstars(MCR, TH, etc...) pop in randomly and have huge parts. I mean seriously? If you can't think of anything get a co-writer, change the statues to 'hiatus' and wait for something that actually goes with the plot line.

#5 Making every female character wear converse, have insane colored hair, skinny jeans and band tee-shits. It's your story and your characters, make them unique, believe me, it's more interesting then reading about girls you see in at the mall trying to be 'scene' or 'emo'

Okay I'm done. If I 'insulted' you or your story, sorry, but it's just how I(and many others) feel.
These are just suggestions, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone or their stories.
January 28th, 2011 at 06:15am