No one deserves to be treated like dirt because of they're home life [[advice needed, badly. Please read]]

This is one hell of a long story and some advice would be lovely.

I go to this place in downtown of where I lived called the Youth Center (YC) and it's just a place where teenagers (age 12-17) can hang out. There's staff that is there and they kinda chill with us and you make lots of new friends and it's tons of fun.

Since the beginning of the new year the owner of the Youth Center (Jerry) made an agreement with a place called the Oakhill Boys Ranch. It's a group home for boys (around my age so 13-15) and the agreement was that they'd be allowed to come to the YC if one of the workers came with them and it was small groups. So they've been coming often four or five of them with one worker not to mention the two other workers who are working. Not a problem right?

Wrong.

There's one of the Youth workers, and we'll call her Tara. And in all honesty, she's a completely bitch to them and I mean it. She doesn't trust them at all, she gets super mad at us (mostly me) if we hang out with him and if we talk to them or anything. She's really cruel about it too because a few days ago I got pushed into one of them (by a friend) and she saw and the next day she pulled me aside and said "I was getting too close to them." Which I thought was a tad ridiclous and whenever we mention them and they're not around she goes into a huge rant about how they can't be trusted and they're not good kids and they're f*cked up. She treats them like *ss and is always ignoring them and won't even have a conversation with them.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not gonna say they're great kids and they've never done anything wrong because that would probably be a lie. They're not all druggies though. They haven't done anything wrong at the center. They're more well behaved then we are. It's unfair to them. They're in the group home because they're family lives are messed up and because they're parents don't care about them. Not because they steal sh*t and smoke up all the f*cking time.

It's not fair to them that she treats them like criminals all the time. They're the most well behaved kids there in all honesty. They hardly swear, they don't leave any garbage around, they're not loud, I've never heard one of them get in trouble.

Tara isn't exactly what you'd call a good girl either, she sells smokes to a few of my friends and sh*t and takes kids out for there birthdays (which she shouldn't be doing at all) and she's getting pissed off at them. It's not fair to them at all.

I don't know what to do, I'm going to defend the kids from the group home because I was in a group home for a little over eight months and I know how unfair it is to be treated like that when you've done nothing wrong. It kinda scares me that she treats them like that because what if she knew I had been in a group home? Would she treat me the same as them?

I'm not trying to get on her bad side and be a rebel, I'm doing it because no one deserves to get treated like that because of what they're home life is like.

I have no idea what to do guys because I don't want to watch them get treated like sh*t all the time. Please help me out. Give me some suggestions on what I can do. I'm lost.
January 28th, 2011 at 08:42pm