Writing Groups/Shy brother...Advice?/Adam Lambert! :D

So I've seen that a few writing groups are held in my town that I wasn't aware of, and I'm thinking of going along to see what it's like. I'm trying to convince my brother too, who's a bit of a writer himself, but there's sort of an issue with that.

My brother, who's 14, is painfully shy. Seriously. He barely looks people in the eye when he's at school, which is so surprising considering the way he is at home. At home, he is loud and boisterous, over-dramatic to the point of being melodrama. We've tried to get him to join drama club, but he flat out said no. Another thing is his stubbornness.

He hates change. Absolutely, completely, will never try anything different to what he's used to. My mum thinks it's just the fact he's a teenager, but I'm a little concerned it runs deeper than that. His first four years of life...well, they weren't great. I don't think he remembers much about it though.

He is absolutely set on becoming a writer. And I don't blame him, it's a good goal to set, but he refuses to make any kind of back-up plan at all. He writes, but only rarely and only one genre. I've tried to get him to broaden his horizons, write about something different, say, horror, but, typically, he won't listen to me.

Questions
1)So...any advice? Or am I just being a complete worry wart here and should leave well enough alone?
2) Anyone in a writing group?
3) Adam Lambert is a sex god, yes? :P
4) Tell me a funny story :D


Omnomnom <3

Criticism please?
January 29th, 2011 at 11:19pm