Amazing Grace

I've recently had a rough patch in my life and like many others, I have turned to religion for guidance. I have never really understood the impact God can have on a persons life. John Newtons Amazing grace shows just how big of a impact it can be. “Amazing grace, how sweet the sound...” is the beginning of one of the most beloved hymns of all time. The song has had a Major influence on me.

To think that Newton was once a captain of a slave ship and when he was attempting to steer the ship through a violent storm and all seemed lost. God saved him. "twas grace has brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home.” this just shows me that a life can be so terrible and sinful and that God can forgive us, and show us the right path to lead. This is a personal choice i have recently made and a lot of my friends have said that I'm giving my self false hope by thinking that something that isn't there or made up is going to help me. I believe God is real and that is keeping me sane and quite frankly alive.

In my opinion Whether a person believes or they don't, doesn't stop anyone from seeing that if believing in God can make you a better person, then how is it wrong to just let them believe. Why is it so important for non believers to make believers think they are deluded?

This is just me rambling and ranting on. And probably not making sense :S sorry.

your thoughts?
January 31st, 2011 at 02:53am