*Spoiler* My thoughts on the Hunger Games Trilogy *Spoiler*

So, today I finished The Mocking jay...

What the hell?!

Ok, so, first of all, I understand how it ended, it wasn't too terrible, it was a happy ending, but it left me with an empty feeling. Katniss went to Peeta, and you don't hear anything else about Gale. So, what, has he left 12 for good?! Never to see Katniss again?! I heard someone say that they had a sibling type relationship. I can truely see that. But wouldn't he still come and visit? They have too much with each other for him not to! At least still keep in contact, right?
I know, I know. There's stuff that happens in the period between the last lines, "Real, or not real?" "Real." and the whole kids on the unmarked grave thing that says we can never know, but I feel like I need some closure with Gale. He was too much of a main character for him to just be booted out at the last moment, with no last words or anything.
Personally, I think the book would have ended much better if Katniss went to Gale, but, I'm not the Author am I?
Books like these, the Hunger games, and many others, is the reason why I want to be a writer. So I can write my own stories, have my own fans, make them sad, make them laugh, make them angry at fictional characters, because I know I can make the story without having my fans rant on about this, like what I'm doing right now. My readers can have closure at all angles!
Enough of my career dreams...

The Hunger Games
My favorite parts were the end, When both Peeta and Katniss were able to survive the games, and the part when Katniss had to wash Peeta, and Peeta's like "I don't mind if you see me." XD
The parts I hated most, were when Rue dies(Who DIDN'T hate that part?!) when we found out Peeta had to get a metal leg, and at the very end, when Katniss has to tell Peeta about the whole thing with the Star crossed lovers not being so true on her part. :(

Catching Fire
My favorite parts where when I found out there was going to be a second games(I know, so morbid!) and every time Finnick flirted with Katniss! And the whole scene where Johanan was naked in front of Peeta, that was so funny! Oh, and when Katniss's dress transformed her into a mocking jay, so awesome. I liked the part where Katniss set Finnick in the water, and how she describes him coming back to life, not like a human, but like a wild animal.
The parts I hated were when Maggs dies(Once again, who didn't?!) and when Wiress died. I hated when I had so many questions after Katniss went hay-wire in the arena, after Johanan took the tracker out of her arm. I had no idea what was going on.
I hated how Katniss seems to pass a lot...

Mocking Jay
Wow, what can I say.
The parts I liked were when the squad sent out to rescue Peeta and the others came back with everyone still alive. I liked the part when Gale admits he remembers the time Katniss Kissed him. I was glade to see Effie hadn't died. I liked it when Katniss brought Buttercup back from 12.
Now, let's. Where shall I start on the parts I hated?
Let's go chronologically.
I hated how 12 was destroyed, I hated when we found out Cinna was dead.(I really felt like putting the book away right then and there. Cinna was one of my favorite characters!)
I hated when Peeta went all psycho, and tried to kill katniss, (I really thought, after that, he wouldn't ever be his old self again, like his whole character was just, gone!) I hated how rapidly my favorite characters started to die off there at the end. Then again, it was to be expected. The war and all.
When it got down to the end, like that, I really thought, whose gonna survive? Gale or Peeta? I totally thought one or the other was just gonna get kicked off at any point around there. But then, when Primrose got out there with the kids... I closed the book. I remembered the trap Beetee and Gale were talking about. As soon as Prim stepped out there, I knew what was happening! The very instant! I couldn't read it anymore! I couldn't understand why this would happen! I hated it! Primrose was no more! I cried forever!
Don't even get me started on Finnick! Oh god! Why Finnick!? Then I heard about he had a baby, and I lost it again! He had a baby with Annie! DX> This book was one sob feast after the Other!

My favorite Characters: Gale, Cinna, Finnick, Peeta, The whole prep team, and Beetee.
Hope you guys didn't think I was being a cry baby. :(
January 31st, 2011 at 04:24am