Song of the Day: 01.30.11

So, this week, I'm going to do a theme. And that theme is party songs! :] I don't think I really need to explain myself do I? I'm not a "partier" or whatever you want to call it where I go out with friends every weekend to the clubs/bars to dance and stuff. Nope. But, I do love music, and music that can make me move.

So, today's song is going to be an... "oldie" but it's really not that old. It' BYOB by System of a Down. This song was played at every single school dance from 7th to 12th grade. It was THE song in Junior High that was always played... and I think my class held onto that and carried it with us to every dance. Anyway, it makes me remember the Activity Nights and summer and the beach and my friends (when everyone was close, before we split in two).

I think there was a few kids.... Logan H and his "group" that got the song into being played. I am so happy they did because it became something I looked forward to. Now, as I'm older and know the lyrics and what the REALLY mean, I honestly am kinda surprised that the school let this song be played to 7th and 8th graders, what with how our school is with music... Then again, they played SHOT by LMFAO! last year. XD

In 8th grade, the most embarrassing thing happened to me at a dance. I was sad because my parents had recently told me that they were getting a divorce (and told me and my sister some details that at that age I honestly don't think we should have known) and so I wasn't feeling like I wanted to be having fun or that I really should be having fun.

Two boys that me and two of my friend had been watching dance like idiots had noticed me sitting against the wall with my legs pulled up to my chest and my arms wrapped around myself. They both, laughing with they friends, came up and proceeded to party boy in front of us, laughing at our humiliation (hey we were in 8th grade! ... and not exactly the most popular.) with their friends.

I sat next to those two boys in science class.

So for those nostalgic reasons, I am in love with this song (no this was not the song that I was embarrassed to) and I makes me feel young! XD



QUESTIONS:

1. What is a song that your school played at the dances/activity nights throughout your school career/now that when you hear it you think of those dances?

2. Was there a dance that served as a turning point in your life? Did something embarrassing happen at a dance to you?

3. What do you think of today's SOTD? Do you have recommendations for future SOTD? Songs that you like to party/dance to?
January 31st, 2011 at 04:45am