Free to be me.

Image

‘Cause I got a couple dents in my Fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
And on my own, I’m so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I’m free to be me

This song means a lot to me. To me the song means don’t be afraid to be yourself, even if that person isn’t perfect. I think people are there best when they are themselves, which is anything but perfect. If you think you’re perfect, you are completely wrong. In public school you will see a lot of fake perfect people. Those kinds of people think they are the best at everything and if they aren’t it drives them crazy.

Perfectionist. Defined: a person who is displeased by anything that does not meet very high standards

In no way am I saying it isn’t good to work for something you really want. That is different then a perfectionist. An example of not being a perfectionist, I worked hard and stayed on my studies and I have made it with all A’s and B’s for two semesters in a row. I worked hard for that but I was happy with my grades because I know I did my best. I know some people who were upset because they got all A’s and one B which messed up there all A’s. To those people, if you did your best that should be all that matters not something as silly as the A Honor Roll.

I am happy with who I am because I’m free to be me. I don’t have to pretend I am somebody I’m not. I’m happy to be in the school that I am in and to have the friends that I have. They are all accepting of who I am. I don’t have to hide my imperfections because I am who I am and everybody accepts me that way. I am in no way perfect and I’ve accepted that, have you?

Image

Thoughts?

Check out more of my blogs here: 8bornforthis9.blog.com
February 1st, 2011 at 12:45pm