Rekindling the love.

I spent the last few weeks of 2010 in a never ending cyle of playing all of the My Chemical Romance albums every day, day after day. (Especially after seeing them live and meeting Frank for the second time, can't really beat that) I slowly started to remember why I used to love them so much, and how much I used to love music. And bam. I was back in all of my old habbits. Although I haven't officially decided if being back to "my old self" is good or bad, for the time being I couldn't be happier.
There's just one problem, my core group of about five really good friends, don't share my love for music. They don't understand why I listen to what I do, and they definately don't understand why I like it so much. Looking back, it's clear to me I got closer to them when I "let myself go". I fell into this rut where I was changing myself into something I'm not, I'm not sure why I did it, but I'm guessing it was to remain friends with them.
Of course I don't want to just ditch them, they're amazing people. They just don't understand me. I feel like when we're together I'm the outcast, the one whose ideas never count and who doesn't fit the group. What to do? I'll figure it out, I suppose.

I started out my last semester of high school in a guitar class. I've wanted to take this class for a while, just never had the time, and it seemed like a good idea to take it, especially considering I had a blank hour in my schedule. I am now very happily in love with my beautiful guitar, and I am constantly yearning to learn how to play more complicated things. Yet again, my love for music has been rekindled.

I feel like this "new love" has changed my entire life's path. I was so convinced I wanted to be a high school Engish teacher, which I still think would be fun, but I feel like I'm being called to do something with music. But there's another problem - I can't major in music because I can't audition because I'm not good enough yet. What is one to do...?
February 1st, 2011 at 07:37pm