Childhoods have changed.

I hate seeing children-once innocent and loving at heart-become so obsessed about being 'hot' and 'cool'.
Seriously? when I was 9-11 I got excited over seeing 'Road to Rio' and 'Scared Stiff' and playing red/light green in the driveway in the summer, then at night cover it with silly chalk dawnings and blow bubbles.
I would bring my best friend over and we'd play in the sprinkler, dry off on the swing set pretending we were in outer space and play with barbies or legos.
I never played video games or anything like that until I was 12, even then it was once in a blue moon.
It was practically a requirement to go to the park once a week for hikes.

Did that mean I was 'uncool' or 'stupid'? No! It meant I had a hell of a good time with using the imagination God gave me and didn't give a flying fadoodle about being hot, heck I once wanted to go to town in a plaid, knee length, skirt and aqua bathing suit top(it was summer) when I was 7 cause I thought the colors were pretty, but my sister stopped me(bless her heart..).

And it's not like I turned out as some weird child who doesn't pluck her eyebrows and wears stupid miss-matched outfits(anymore ha).
I do makeup as a career, I studied fashion daily and plan on starting a dress making business for women who prefer the more 30s-50s style.
I still love going outside, but only after 5 o'clock haha, my mother and I take walks in the near by graveyard couple times a week in the evening and we go to the park all the time, but only when it's warm.(were big chickens when it comes to weather.)

Yes this journal post was basically pointless, but I liked writing and remembering some of the good times in my childhood, besides it's a journal thats exactly what it's meant for, writing down what you feel, think and do.
February 3rd, 2011 at 08:40am