Story Ideas and A Level Options

So, Mibba, I've had a new story idea, and I'd love to hear your opinions.

The basic premise is that it's based around a woman, probably in her 20s or 30s, with Dissociative Identity Disorder. I've begun to research the illness and, if the idea seems plausable, will definitely do more to make sure everything I'm writing is as accurate as possible. I'm currently still interesting in the idea, however, I've had two thoughts as to what I can do with it.

Idea 1: This story is very similar to Les Bohèmes in terms of structure. Each chapter is about a side of her personality. It would either be told in first or third person and would describe each aspect of her. There would be very little of an actual plot, but would just be little snapshots of her life.

Idea 2: This one has a bit more of a plot to it. This time, the woman will be being held in police custody under suspicion of committing a crime. Whether she has really done it, or was just witness to what happened, would be revealed later in the story. This one would take the form of a series of police interviews, with each chapter being told by a different personality and revealing new details about what happened. I've thought of doing this one either as a full story in third person, a series of Q&As in first person, or set out as a transcript of the interview, almost like a script.

So, what do you think?

-

So, we're doing our A Level options now. These are the main exams we take here in the UK when you finish your GCSEs at 16 and move on to further education. There are other qualifications as well, but these are the most widely taken.

I reckon I'm going to take Geography, Latin, Psychology and Philosophy + Ethics. But I've yet to finally choose. I doubt it'll change, though.

-

Just to say, I think our Rent production is gonna be freakin' awesome! We had costume measuring today, and I can't wait to see what we're going to be given. The rehearsals are going well and it's all starting to come together now! Yay!

-

Questions and Whoring:

1. Which story idea do you like best? Any comments?
2. If you're from the UK, what A Levels did you/do you want to take?
3. Got a tumblr?
4. If yes, do you want me to check it out and probably follow you?
5. Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Tumblr.
Twitter.
Formspring. (Sorry, I don't allow anonymous questions due to a large amount of extremely personal messages I receieved on my other account.)

And if you want some lulz (and maybe to even see yourself in a story!), check out Mibba! at the Disco.

I LOVE YOU, MIBBA. YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, TALENTED PEOPLE.
February 4th, 2011 at 08:10pm