Angry Confetti

Last year (yr. 11), our Science 21 teacher was dysfunctional but she knew what she was talking about. This year we have a guy who generally does sub work or years 8 and 9.

Our assignment this term is called "You Are What You Eat", and we have to do an extended experimental investigation (min 2 weeks) concerning something like exercise, fad diets or healthy eating. One of the key focus areas we have to address is cells and how they are affected by what we eat and what we do with our bodies.

We asked how to answer that focus area at the start of week two. Teacher's answer was a week and a half of powerpoint info on every single thing there is to know about cells. Our constant question was "but sir, how does this apply to our assignment?" His response? "I'll come back to that question later" (he didn't) or "I think that this powerpoint will answer that" (it didn't).

Today we were finishing one of said powerpoints but by this time the class was getting ratty. We still had no clue what we were supposed to research. We kept on asking how the info related to our assignment, and finally we got the answer. Written on the board and explained. In five minutes.

Question: Why couldn't he have told us that at the start instead of showing us all those powerpoints???

No idea.

/rant

Anyway, the title refers to the square of paper i ever-so-slowly shredded to the class to vent my frustration. New way to manage stress: angry confetti!
February 7th, 2011 at 12:29pm