You're Looking At A Published Artist

*graciously nods head and welcomes guests*

Writing the title of this journal just made me... really happy.

Here's the thing:

My school has this magazine and every student in the school has the opportunity to submit art work, (as in paintings, sketches... 2-D art,) photography, poems, and short stories. The best in each category, (listed above,) will receive a prize of moneyas well as bragging rights. Well, I submitted a photo of my dog, a quick story about turtles, (my English teacher required us to do a creative writing assignment so we could all have the chance of getting published... not that I minded,) and a pen drawing on a sheet of loose-leaf.

Yup. The drawing I did mostly in my classes with a pen and on loose-leaf won me the Art Award. *shrugs* Whatever works. :)

Plus, the $25 prize wasn't too shabby.

Now, I'm not sure what will happen to my other submissions. My English teacher, who happens to run the magazine, told me that the people who were in charge of selecting submissions really liked my stuff. (Particularly the little story about turtles.) So I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

To make my day even better:

1. I received a 105% on a theology quiz. (Then again. It is theology. And in case you've never had to take that sort of class... it's really simple. If you don't know the answer, write "I LOVE JESUS SOOO MUCH" and you'll get full credit.Not really.)

2. I got back an essay I wrote about Othello and got a 90% on that. It's pretty hard to get a grade like that from my English teacher.

3. A certainpotential soul mate boy congratulated me on winning the Art Award. *happy dance*

Yet, to make my day creepy:

We were watching an Edgar Allen Poe documentary and, being my easily-distracted self, I decided to look out the window. Well, I saw about two or three ravens flying outside the window. One almost flew into the window but then swooped up just in time. Another landed on the tree branch just outside the window.

Of course, probably being the only Poe fan in the room beside the teacher, I was the only one who even noticed the birds and made the connection.

*shudders*

QUESTIONS:
1. How are you?
2. Have you ever been published / Are you waiting to hear about publication?
3. Have you ever felt personally victimized by Regina George?
February 8th, 2011 at 09:53pm