I have Kat Von D to thank. (Who's your biggest inspiration?)

Image

As I'm sure some of you have guessed, I really love art. I love drawing, painting, even playing around with colored pencils. Art is and has been such a big part of my life and I always want to be involved with it. One of my dreams is to become a tattoo artist... not just because I love drawing, but because of my love for tattoos in general. It's like your body is an empty slate that you can slowly turn into a work of art and Kat Von D is the one that's inspired me to pursue that dream.

She has so much ambition... she's determined, she works hard, she knows what she wants and she goes for it. It's not only her talent that inspires me, but who she is in general. If she wasn't as strong-willed as she is, she wouldn't have gotten as far as she has. Not very many tattoo artists make it, it seems like such a long process, but she's definitely made it. Whatever charisma, genius and passion that you need to make it, she's got it and I think she always has. There's been obstacles that she's been forced to overcome and the road's been difficult for her, but she's kept her chin held high and never backed down and that's what matters.

I've looked up to her for a really long time, even before I knew I wanted to become a tattoo artist. And even if I don't end up making it (believe me, I know how slim the chances are), I'll still have every reason to thank her for giving me a new way of looking at the art of tattooing.

Image
Image
Image

---

Who's your biggest inspiration? Why?
February 10th, 2011 at 03:57am