I can't believe I'm turning 18 today.

Image

It's so surreal! All my life I've waited to be eighteen years old and now that I am, I don't even know what to say! This is the year that I graduate, this is the year that I become an adult. Part of it's scary as hell, but at the same time I feel... free, almost? I don't know. I'm not a big celebrator when it comes to birthdays. I don't have birthday parties for myself and I don't particularly enjoy going to them either unless the person really wants me there. So I'm not very festive. But I am pretty excited about this one.

All I've been able to think about when it comes to today is, "I can finally get a tattoo!" and, "I can get piercings without my parents' permission!" But now that I'm here, I'm just like, "... I don't even know what I want." And I'm actually a bit afraid of getting a tattoo. I mean, I told myself there were tons of them that I wanted, but I want to be positive of what I get because it's permanent. I've never really looked into that obvious prospect until I've actually been able to get one. So I'm going to think some more about that, but I know I'll get one soon.

Now the two birthdays I've got to look forward to are twenty and twenty-one. Twenty-one for obvious reasons, but twenty because I won't be a teenager anymore. I think that will be a pretty exciting experience.

A few girl friends, my mom and I are going to get our nails done and have a girls day. Then later tonight everyone's going to get together at Buca di Beppo (a really amazing Italian restaurant) and have dinner. I'm really looking forward to that!

---

Are you excited for your 18th birthday? What do you plan on doing?
If you've already turned 18, how was it?
February 13th, 2011 at 06:25pm