Remind Me What This Holiday's For Again. Now With 50% Less Annoyance & Some Questions!

So Valentines Day...not my thing. I mean, I'm not completely 'anti' but I'm just not too into it. Ya know where I'm coming from? I just don't really get the point. I scramble to make my friends cards with my mediocre drawing skills, and then I give up out of sheer lazyness or run out of time half way (or less) through the list.

And then the school gets into it. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being festive, I just don't get the 'holiday'. They sell roses for $2 during lunch all last week, I make it widely known I don't want a rose cuz I don't want to carry it around all day. And what happens? I get a rose. 'Course I never figured the guy for the 'preasenty' type so I guess I never told him. But he got a rose for all the girls in the group & I never even suspected he cared that much, so I didn't throw it away out of the kindness (& shock) of my heart. It was a sweet gesture though. And there was this dumb 'Agape Love Feast' at lunch...and I don't think that anyone at my school even knows what agape even means. Just FYI, its Greek for 'I love you so much I'd die for you' (like how Jesus or most parents feel about you). All it was good for was free chocolate on the tables, a couple of guys demonstrating the "propper" way to dance at prom/Spring Spec, and the dean lecturing us on God knows what (he changed subject like 5 times).

Now for the real reason you probly all showed up & read through my little rant on 'V-Day'.

Questions
1. Do you enjoy Valentines Day?
2. Any 'festive' & love-y type plans? Simple 'yes' or 'no' will do.
3. Do you like Edgar Allan Poe?
4. Interested in a comment swap?
5. What are your views on hippies?
February 14th, 2011 at 11:20pm