Art College Essay. :)

It was a free choice. Let me know what you think. :)
Old Love Reappears

I watch his familiar eyes smolder in the light, his mouth set in a smirk as he watches me watching him
It’s almost like he can hear my thoughts of him and our past.
He is gorgeous the angles in his elegant face, adding a certain beauty that only he could pull off. But in those same smoldering eyes of jade I see conflict settle into his irises.
The smirk that once graced his lips has since disappeared.
His gaze transfixed on me, as the changes in his handsome face take over.
I break the hypnotic stare as I look down at the table in front of me.
He looked even better than the last time we saw each other. I thought to myself.
I shake my head to try to get rid of the pure and honest emotion I saw in his gaze.
As hard as I try I feel as though a picture of his beautiful face full of disappear, sorrow, and remorse. As though his heart had been broken by me.
The honest thoughts running through my head let me know that in fact it was his fault.
It was his fault that we’ll never love someone the same as we loved each other at a time in our lives. I lift my head once again to see if by any chance he was still sitting at the table across the small crowded coffee shop.
He was not at the table any longer but sitting across from me at my own table.
“Gabriel.” I breathed, sounding half way between lovingly and irritation.
“Lilly, I know that you never wanted to see me again, but babe I just wanted to at least say this to you. You will always have my heart; no matter who I’m with, you will be the only woman on my mind.”
I knew I made a mistake as I watched as those gems storm over with tears. I could tell by the blurring in my vision that my sapphire gems were clouding with tears. My heart seemed to skip a beat as he placed his large tan calloused hand on my cheek, caressing it softly. I closed my eyes in attempt to stop the tears. This moment right now in the coffee shop, is what I missed most about Gabriel; it was the small moments at home where we would be tangled in a tender embrace.
“I’m sorry Gabriel.” I told him and myself as I walked out of the coffee shop.
February 14th, 2011 at 11:38pm