Am I Wrong?

My friend has lung cancer. I'm not sure if he's going to get chemo or not. Ever since I found out, I keep thinking about how much he deserves to live. I have always been willing to risk my life for people, but ever since I found out, I've been thinking about something...
I want to give him my lungs. I want to die, so he can live.
No, this isn't just a wish because I want him to live. It's not that I'd take a bullet for him. I want to kill myself in a sense, so that he can live. He needs to live.
He may not be going anywhere in life right now, but that's not his fault. He has a daughter that deserves to know him. He tried going to college, but he was too busy taking care of his daughter and it was too hard. He's been through so much, and I just want him to be able to live and have a good life.
People always tell me I'm going places too, that I deserve to live and everything, but am I? I'm fifteen, I don't know where I want my life to go. Most days I feel like I'm standing in place as the world moves around me. I mean, am I really going to do anything with my life? I don't know, but I do know my friend could go places.
So, my question is, am I wrong for wanting my life to end so that he can continue living?
February 19th, 2011 at 07:08pm