18/02/11 My Chemical Romance - World Contamination Tour

We caught the train at like half nine right, to try and get there quite early, but we had to wait for a while so we ended up getting to the venue at like three pm. So we sat outside with all the other fans for a long while. Near six pm, when the doors would open, the girl who we were by on the train (we took their reserved seats so they took the reserve seats next to ours) found us again and we swapped facebooks and stuff.

When it was times when the doors opened, we stood in line before having our tickets scanned before going into the M.E.N arena and finding the standing door we were meant to be queuing at. I think we stood in the queue for around ten minutes or so before we moved forward. Once actually in the place where the concert would actually be, we were told to sit down in the standing area, for some reason that I do not know. I don't know how long we were sitting for though.

And then the music started and every jumped up and ran forward; took us from the middle to like a quarter near the front. The first band on was LostAlone, I didn't know what to expect from them. But I do know now, I bloody love them. They're an amazing band right, and I like their songs.

When they left, The Blackout came on. And man does Sean sound so Welsh, not the Welsh I'm surround by in the North, but proper Southern Welsh. That just made me like 'aww'. Someone tossed a furry bra up on the stage and they hung it from a microphone. :D They played Higher and Higher, Children of The Night, Save Our Selves, I Don't Care (This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things), Spread Legs Not Lies, It's High Tide Baby and I'm A Riot? You're A Fucking Riot! I'm not sure about any more though. :/

After that, we found ourselves at the front, like three people away from the barrier (which got less because people kept fainting) and the black curtain came up so we couldn't see the stage. And everyone was getting anxious waiting for My Chemical Romance to come on. It'd be my first time seeing them, and I was over the moon with joy and excitement.

When the lights dimmed and Look Alive, Sunshine intro came on, everyone screamed along with it. Then the curtain dropped and they launched into Na Na Na. Everyone was singing, jumping and having a real good time. And all the time I was freaking out because I was actually seeing them, with my own eyes instead of just over a computer or telly screen. The next song they sung was Give 'Em Hell, Kid followed by Planetary (GO).

It was really crowded where I was, but I didn't care. I was near the front, seeing MCR for the first time in my life. I was beyond ecstatic to care about the smell and how squashed I was. I did, however, care about the fact that almost everyone was bloody taller then me. So I was on my tip toes for hours. And they are killing me right now. Then there was another song which I can't remember followed by Sing. It's even more magical live.

Vampire Money followed that, although Ray, Frank and Mikey's bit you couldn't hear but you saw their mouths moving. And then they played Our Lady Of Sorrows, which was soo amazing and I totally did NOT expect that! Mama followed with The Only Hope For Me Is You, which were both totally amazing too.

Gerard introduced this song along the lines with 'This is the biggest love song I've ever written', which is of course Summertime. Aww Gerard's voice in it. I'm Not Okay was played, and I heard Frank in his part and Gerard kind of stood to the side of his with his arms open as if he was saying 'And here he is!'. :D Famous Last Words was played, I was so closed to tears because of all the songs they played.

Then The Ghost of You was played. Ohmygod, it was amazing and heartbreaking at the same time! Ahh, why do they have to be so amazing? DESTROYA was played, Welcome To The Black Parade followed as did Teenagers. The Kids From Yesterday was played, and all thoughout these songs I was jumping, taking pictures, screaming along with the lyrics, waving my hands if Gerard commanded us to, pumping our fists if he did, clapping if he did.

They played Helena and then Ray, Mikey and Frank all left the stage and I was like 'it's done?' but no, Gerard stayed and sung Cancer. I'm so glad my mum never came with me, I think I would have cried during that whilst seeing her face. Then Gerard left the stage, the music stopped and it was over. Which was a lie.

This guy by us started a chant of 'Encore' which then died out, and the back started stamping their feet. Another guy by me shouted that if they came back out he'd get naked. Everyone started chanting 'MCR' and eventually, the boys came out and played us Bulletproof Heart <3 I don't think the guy did get naked though. :/

We got the first live play of Bulletproof Heart. It was amazing guys. Then the concert actually ended then, we got out, brought some merch and got the autographs of the guys from LostAlone, I even asked one of them for the time. They are soo nice, but far too tall. :D

That night was the best night of my life, ever.
February 20th, 2011 at 02:01am