Why do all good things come to an end?

This morning, I didn't feel like going to school. My leg hurt,my throat was sore. After sleeping for a good 2 hours, my mum called. Casual chit-chat at first. Nothing out of the ordinary. "I have some bad news... Paul died this morning..." and then it was quiet, until my sobs filled the silence. Paul was our neighbour. A wonderful man, probably the most generous and caring person I've ever met. I understand. He was quite old. Had no legs. But still, with all those disabilities, he never lost his heart. He embraced every day he had. I know we all have to go one day, but sometimes life is unfair and slaps you across the face, taking away good people.
I am crying as I'm writing this. It's fairly tough to see the screen. I never thought I'd miss him so much, until now. Sometimes his stories of how things were when he was my age would go on for hours and hours and I'd sit there, and listen. Even though I was usually tired after school and didn't want to sit for hours, I did. I listened. Gosh.
I don't expect people to be sorry. I write my feelings down. Maybe it'll be easier to move on.

Dear Paul,
I cherish every minute of the time I knew you. You were a wonderful person with a big heart and you shall be forever missed. Life won't be the same without you.
R.I.P.
February 21st, 2011 at 08:42am