R.I.P. Foxy

February 18th, 2011
I lost my best friend. Life will never be the same without her. I feel more alone than ever. She was part of me, part of who I am, part of my soul and being. She was me in every sense, in every way. She was my baby. The only one who was there with me through every terrible moment in my life.

She was there to pull me through, so in turn, I was there to pull her though. I showed her how to trust again and pulled her out of her darkest of times. She was my other half. It's impossibly empty, incredibly quiet with her presence absent.

She had the softest, velvet ears, the most beautiful burgundy-brown eyes with blue irses. She had such a fat, furry neck, a curly, happy, bushy tail. She walked like she owned the place, on the tips of her toes. She smiled when she was happy, loved to be scratched on her neck where her harness was, behind her ears and under her harness on her back. She always had the softest fur, and she shed all over the place because of how thick her coat was. She danced with me in the kitchen when I sang and listened to music. She loved to play and run outside. If she were a person, I imagine she'd be a lot like me, but happier, more free.

I always wanted to have a farm with horses so she could play outside as much as she wanted, and run as long as her heart desired. She wouldn't have to look through the glass anymore and wish that she could smell the fresh air, she would be in it.

Now, she can fly as far as her wings can carry her. Now, she's truly free. We were kindred spirits, and forever in my heart will we remain.
February 21st, 2011 at 10:42am