Never Shout Never, The Maine & We The Kings!

Last night was one of the best nights of 2011 so far.

I am pleased to inform all of you Mibbians that Never Shout Never, The Maine and We The Kings have taken my concert virginity last night.

It was so, so, awesome. Even if, at the start, I had to endure 3 hours of waiting out under the hot sun. (I live in the Philippines, and if you don't know, the heat can get quite intense here.) I had to go through a lot of wild, ravaging fan girls that would do anything to get a good seat. (I have to admit that I wasn't much of a fan of the earlier two bands that I mentioned.) It was such a hassle falling in line. (It wasn't really a line. It was more like a crowd-line. A crine.) I was sweating and uncomfortable and stuck in that crowd like a sardine in a can. (Because the concert was at 6pm, but we got there at 2.)

Thankfully and mercifully, they let us in at 5. We get fairly close seats. Never Shout Never started first. And all I can say is that Christopher Drew was adorable... yet, I think, he was high at the time. He kept swaying and moving and I don't know. But anyway, yeah, he was cute so that's all right.

Next was the Maine. How in the world did John O lose so much weight? I watched him the Into Your Arms video and he looked so handsome. But now he's so skinny, he barely has any meat on him I didn't even believe it was him until I heard him sing.

Other than John, I didn't really know the other band members. I knew there was someone named Garrett, though I never really cared to know who he was. Some of the girls started screaming "Garrett!" or "Kennedy I love you!" or "Jared marry me!" and then kept turning to my friend, saying, "Which one's Kennedy?! Which one's Jared?"

Eventually, though, we caught on with their names. We also caught the "fangirl" fever. I was never much of a screaming and shouting type for bands, but, sweet baby Jesus, Lord knows how much I screeched out my throat.

Especially when We The Kings came out. This. This band is who I actually came for. WE. THE. KINGS. Drew was okay, John was fine, but Travis... Travis was such a crowd pleaser. Only a few people sang to Drew's songs. With The Maine, the number of people who sang along increased... but with We The Kings, EVERYONE SANG ALONG.

They were so amazing. I loved the alternate version of We'll Be A Dream, where he used an acoustic guitar and sang it like Jason Mraz's I'm Yours.

I love the feeling of being in concerts. I love it. I love seeing my bands live, and nothing beats the exhilarating feeling of seeing them for the first time. I'm just really sad I never got to meet and greet any of them.

In two months, I'm seeing The Script. I'm currently saving up for them now. ::cute:
February 21st, 2011 at 12:58pm