I'm so confused, could he possibly like me back?

So there’s this boy that I really like, and it’s coming up to 2 years that I’ve liked him now. He’s in my circle of friends, but he never really talks to me. He talks to nearly everyone else in the group. Our group is quite big. I’m really shy when it comes to talking to him and when I think about going up to talk to him, I chicken out. I do share quite a lot of interests with him, like we like some of the same music etc. But I’m just worried that I’ll make a complete fool out of myself, because I do feel like I make a fool out of myself a lot. Especially seeing as I can be quite clumsy at times. 
Although I only rarely talk to him and only for a little while when I do, I have noticed him looking at me. When I’m talking to my friends sometimes I’ll look at him and he will be looking at me. It’s happened a few times now. He plays guitar and he was practicing one break with some other people when I walked past the window I looked in and he looked at me until I was out of view. Does this mean anything? 
Just before Christmas we were all going on a trip and while we were waiting for our teacher to take the register before we went, he was talking to a group of us, but while he was talking to us, he was standing near me and he was looking at me the whole time, as if he was talking to just me. He was kind of looking into my eyes and smiling. Does this mean anything either? 
My friend pulled me over to him and while they talked, but she was holding onto my hand so that I couldn’t go anywhere. I felt kind of awkward just standing there, but then she shouted group hug and I had never hugged him before, I mean I’d hardly ever talked to him. But before I knew it we were all hugging. She tried doing it again a few days later, but I freaked and moved out of the way before she could put anything into action. Is there any way that I can become less shy or self-confident around him? 
Then just before we split for pre-spring break a few days ago, I had to go and find something at break in the music block and he was standing with the rest of our friends. I took two of my friends and when we came out of the music block, he was walking towards it by himself. When he saw us coming out, he was about 2 metres in front of us, but he turned around knowing that we were going back to our friends and walked in front of us there. Then he kept the door open for us and carried on walking back to where all of our friends were. Was this just a coincidence?
I was talking with my friend, the same one that got us all to hug and he walked past and overheard that we were talking. He then asked her what we were talking about. Was there any specific reason to this? 
Finally among some of the other things that have happened, I was talking to my friend and someone came past and poked me in my back. I turned around, not knowing who it was, but kind of getting the feeling that it was him. Then my friend shouted “___! Did you just poke her?” (Her meaning me) He broke out into a smile and we all immediately knew that he was the one who had poked me. He shook his head, denying it and said, “I only poked him,” which now that I think about it, he most likely meant that he only poked somebody else. But at the time, I thought he was meaning him as in me, so I said “Hey, I’m a girl.” And he started laughing, but couldn’t say anymore, because one of our other friends jumped on him. Then I started smiling and he started laughing as I went and poked him back. Does all of this mean anything? Anything at all?
   I don’t know whether this means anything, but he tells my best friend things. Like the time when he broke up with his last girlfriend. She always tells me, because after all, she is my best friend and she tells me a lot. He also told her when he was having problems with his previous girlfriend and explained to her that it wasn’t really working. Whatever he says to her, it gets back to me. Is there any about this that has any significance?
February 23rd, 2011 at 12:27am