Poor, unsuspecting straight guy.

I think I just got asked out on a date tonight...?

I think.

I mean, it's not like I have a whole lot of experience with...well, anything relationship-related, but if a guy you've known for a bit asks you to dinner, involving just you and him, for which he swears he's paying....

That's a date.

And...poor guy. There were two instances when the others of our group busted down the door of my closet, and he was there neither time.

The first was a few weeks ago, when one guy was discussing the upcoming anime convention with me. And he said something along the lines of "And there might be a bunch of cute girls there! ...Or boys. Whichever works for you." And then he gave me this look, like he was expecting me to clarify for him. I, uh, freaked out. I'd been telling them all for the previous ten minutes that I'd have to go, so I took that statement of his as a good reason to take my leave.

And the second was on Valentine's Day, when the only other girl of our little rag-tag group looked at me point-blank and asked, "And why don't you have a girlfriend??" I got all red in the face and stumbled around a bit and finally told a little story about the lovely Stacey, a user here on Mibba, who agreed to be my Valentine (<3). Which kinda gave the chick what she was looking for, I guess.

And this one guy wasn't there for either of those instances.

So....what do I do? I sit there. And stammer. And try to come up with a logical way to say no.

And come up with nothing.

Finally, I just said...well, I don't remember what I said. But he got the hint.

Oops.

-_____-"

I wasn't expecting it! And I can't think under pressure. :\

Poor, unsuspecting straight guy. -sigh-

It's nothing personal, honest. I love him to bits. He makes me laugh so hard. I think I almost died twenty-odd times during dinner 'cause he said some of the most outrageous things that made me choke on my food. Spaghetti down the wrong tube! ALERT! ALERT!

And he's smart. And artistic. And goofy.

But...not exactly what I'm looking for....

-sigh-

I mean, I know it won't kill me to try it out. It's not like anything is ever set in stone, especially where I'm concerned. But...I know from experience that I wouldn't be happy, that I'd just float along without any sort of genuine emotion, that I wouldn't be able to make myself care. And I shouldn't have to make myself care. That's not how it's supposed to be.

I dunno.

Thoughts?
February 25th, 2011 at 02:38am