Misha Collins will be forever dubbed the attractive crying man.

Image

I know I'm a little behind in reviewing since the episode aired Friday night (and of course I watched it then), but better late than never as they always say.

So, meta episode for Supernatural. Oh my god. Can I just say that I love Ben Edlund? I knew that having him behind the scenes writing this episode would troll the whole fandom so hard. I mean, the man also worked on the TV shows Angel and Firefly and he did a damn good job on both. So, here's a quick Ben Edlund appreciation shout out. You rock.

First thing's first: Balthazar is starting to become one of my favorite semi-minor characters. And no, it's not just because of the accent though it does play a large role, but I love his sarcasm and wit. Really. I'd like to see him make some more appearances because it amuses me greatly to watch him piss off Sam and Dean. Especially Dean. Mainly because Dean's buttons are so easy to push and he always pushes the right ones. He ranks right up there with Crowley (oh bby I miss you), and both are easy on the eyes with delicious accents so it works.

Image

And onto the actual meta part of the episode. My absolute favorite part? Dean and Sam attempting to "act" out their roles. Dean's face had me rolling and Sam's fidgeting in the back and the don't look at the camera bit and Sam's lines about the key. Just... all of that. Tears were threatening to stream down my face from laughing. Then there's Misha who did a fantastic job at just being himself. He's such a Twitter-addicted diva. He just made the episode. The scary man killed the attractive crying man.

I have claimed this as my favorite quote:

Sam: - points to trailer that says J. Ackles on it-
Dean: Hey, that's fake-me. -gestures to the large trailer- Which means this must be fake-mine.

---

I went to this Mexican restaurant today called El Encanto Dos. It was so good. I got this seafood enchilada that had shrimp and scallops wrapped inside a burrito with green sauce over it... I never thought having a seafood-filled burrito would be so good. And since I'm more of a red sauce fan than a green sauce, I was a bit shifty but the sauce was so good. I highly recommend it. And their fried rice took the cake. Great side dish.

And since I've been craving Starbucks for the past three days, we stopped there on the way home. I got me an iced white chocolate moca - my favorite. It hit the stop. Now I'm content.

I'm really not ready for the weekend to be over. I'd really like for it to last a couple of more months. I'm thinking until... summer vacation? That sound good? Yeah, I thought so.
February 27th, 2011 at 11:04pm