Nickelodeon bringing back the old cartoons: true or false?

Image

Is it true? Are they really going to be bringing back the old Nickelodeon cartoons?

I first found this on Tumblr and I was very excited yet suspicious about the news, so I decided to look around and see if I could find the actual article concerning it. I found this that looks to be the original article they found it from, but the question is: is it reliable? Considering it's from a High School newspaper, I'd say not very. But if they've given quotes from the owner of the children station, it makes you wonder.

I've heard from here (a livejournal post that contains the same article) that it was just a writing assignment and that absolutely none of the information was true. Which is a very big possibility. Students from the school might have purposely taken it out of context and thrown the whole thing out of proportion on the internet to freak everyone out.

A lot of people seem worried about airing new episodes (if this is true). I've heard from various people commenting on the subject that it would ruin the shows and that it'd be better to just air reruns during the day. What do you think about that?

What are your thoughts on it? Do you think they'd really bring back the old shows?
Or is this just a rumor that should be ignored?
February 28th, 2011 at 12:04am