My Take On God's Purpose

I've been thinking a lot. About people, about life. Is it really meant to be enjoyed, or are we nothing more than carbon based life forms with a sole purpose to use resources, reproduce, then die off. The cycle of life. Et cetera, et cetera.

Never being the devoutly religious type, I see the world a little darker. I do believe religion is more of a 'hope' thing than any real factual... fact. Truth be told, I hope there is a God. I guess you could call it faith...

I think the whole purpose of believing in any deity is a means to keep our minds stimulated. We need a calling--a purpose. God's purpose is to give US a purpose. If there is a God or if there isn't, I still curse him, hate him, and love him. Damn it, I love the idea of it.

It's kind of beautiful in its own way. Many times, when I see shit, I can do nothing but despise the idea that any 'creator' would be the brains to such a horrible landscape such as earth. The evil that surrounds us, permeates from the Earth, and the despicable realities that become us infuriates me. It makes me angry at not only whoever's responsible, but also at those who are mere bystanders. Like random strangers.

And then there are times when I'm truly thankful for the wretched skin that shelters my body. Like it's just fine that the world sucks, because there's still some fragment of normalcy that remains and continues. Regardless of these thoughts, I feel somewhat convoluted, as I always have been and forever will be.

But that's just my take on god's purpose.
March 2nd, 2011 at 07:18am