Wow. I really, really hate you.

So back to the worst teacher i have ever had. At the beginning of the semester she told us we would be reading Macbeth. I had no problem with that...except we never actually read Macbeth...we watched a very creepy interpretation. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1570337/ ) We took a quiz over it the week before last (Feb 22) , and had to turn in a 700-1000 word essay. Totally okay so far. After we turned the essays in (Feb 24), we were going to workshop them as a class and turn in a final copy this Wednesday (March 2). We were supposed to get through 3 a day until the due date...but we worked on one the 24th and then the next day (friday) she decided that she didnt want us to get "bored of helping each other" and we started a documentary, "Waiting for 'Superman'".
We spent an entire week watching a movie (plus at least tomorrow...were not done with it yet) that is incredibly one-sided, and has absolutely nothing to do with English. Were also apparently going to learn 150 spelling words by the end of the semester (we have less than 60 days lefts) doing on average 1 a day. And writing a new essay on the movie...and doing the grammar packet we got the first week of February...and still doing the project that we were going to do in October.

AND Shes basically taken over our entire school. As Head of the English Department, shes changing the curriculum and taking over the AP Lit class, even though the teacher that teaches it now has the highest ratio of any AP teacher in the school...and its a required course. She has the Head of school in the palm of her hand, and can do pretty much whatever she wants. Shes a first year highschool teacher and really sucks. I havent consciously taken anything away from her class (except i can now spell onomatopoeia).

DOES SHE EVER FINISH ANYTHING?!
Grr. If anyone has any advice for terrible teachers
March 7th, 2011 at 05:23am