LIFE. <3

Whenever we were younger.. boys had cooties, the biggest fights you had were because someone stole your crayon, everytime something bad happened - everyone shouted 'oooooooh', Brittney Spears was every little girls' role-model, and everyday there was always a 'Tag! You're it!' game on the play-ground. As we got older, things began to change. Cell-phones became more and more popular, 'Do you like me? Check yes or no' notes started getting past around, and you felt like a grown-up because you began using 'cuss words' even though you whispered them everytime you said it. Then there came the teen-age years.. boys and girls suddenly took over our world, texting and updating your Facebook status became a must every five seconds, we pay over $100 for a pair of sunglasses just because they're Oakleys, and smoking and drinking suddenly became 'the thing to do.'

From the day we were born, which was for me was in '95.. until now, which today is 1/1/11 -- you always strive to stay in the 'in' crowd. Which, in reality, no one really knows what the 'in' crowd is. People place labels on one another, regardless of who they really are. If you style your hair a certain way, dress a certain way, or talk a certain way.. I can promise you, you will be judged.

There is people all around the world starving because they cannot afford to buy food, and yet there are girls who are sitting in their bed-room crying over a stupid boy who you probably won't even remember four years down the road, and boys who are most likely cussing up a storm because they can't pass the 7th level of Halo. Those people don't care what's in or what's out.. they take life the way it is because, well that's the best thing you can do.

I don't really know why I'm writing this, I guess it's just to say the world changes so fast. There's no promises in tomorrow. I'm not saying it as one of those cheesy quotes you put as your status just because your having a good day because your favorite song came on the radio, and those shoes you've always wanted are now on sale. I'm saying it because it's true, live your life to the fullest. You never know what tomorrow may bring, or if you'll even have a tomorrow.

Well, that's all. Maybe this will touch someone, or maybe it won't. Who knows?

-- <3
March 8th, 2011 at 02:00am