SUICIDE. </3

There's this girl I know, who in front of her friends constantly has the biggest smile on her face, and you hardly ever see her upset. Behind closed doors, all she can do is cry. She suffers from depression; and no one knows. Not even her parents, who she's extremely close with. She has dealt with feeling suicidal for over a year, and doesn't know how to get that feeling out of her life. It's like a night-mare that won't stop replaying in her head.

And sadly, that girl is me.

You hear peoples' opinions about suicide all the time; some may say it's stupid and selfish but others may show compassion. But, no one understands the feeling of being this way unless you've been through it personally. There's no way around that. You can say "I know what you're going through." but, you don't. I wish there was a way to stop feeling this way -- but, there's not. I don't believe medication can stop you from having these feelings, which is why I'm not on it. I don't want people to label me as crazy, or any other words they throw in there -- which is why I haven't told anyone. I don't want your sympathy; because there's probably nothing any of you can do to stop the way I feel.

I'm writing this because I wanted to express myself, the true me. So, whoever reads this -- thank you for listening to me <3
March 8th, 2011 at 03:29am